As we say goodbye to 2016, let’s take a look at some of the best performing Nasdaq small cap performances. The stocks below are our choices for what we would have bought if we could just borrow someone’s time machine. If you happen to have one, we promise that we will return it in better shape than we got it!
- Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: CRBP) – This biotechnology firm leads our list with a whopping return of excess of 425% for 2016. Four analysts cover CRBP – all rate it “Strong Buy”. Consensus price target is $18.
- Oclaro, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCLR) – OCLR manufactures optical oriented internet infrastructure equipment. YTD returns are over 170%. Ten analysts cover OCLR – nine rate it as a “Strong Buy” while one rates it as a “Hold”. Consensus price target is $12.
- Hudson Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq: HDSB) – Hudson Technologies specializes in refrigeration. Cold must be good business – HDSN is up almost 175% YTD. All three analysts that cover the stock give it a “Strong Buy”. Consensus price target is $9.50.
- Energous Corporation (Nasdaq: WATT) – Energous develops wireless charging technology. Investors seem to like the idea as WATT is up over 130% YTD. All three analysts that cover WATT give it a “Strong Buy”. Consensus price target is $15.50.
- TTM Technologies Inc. (Nasdaq:TTMI) – TTM Technologies designs and manufactures circuit boards. It may not sound sexy, but investors loved TTMI in 2016 – sending it up almost 120%. Three analysts cover TTMI – two rate it “Strong Buy” and one rates it a “Buy”. Consensus price target is $15.00.
I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 96 hours. All information, or data, is provided with no guarantees of accuracy.